Thursday, February 3, 2011

NZ Phone Date, Ripping up Carpet, Spiritual Retreat, and More!

The past week has been another of God's faithfulness! This weekend, I was able to share with the Fort Branch Wesleyan Church Family about the vision God has given me for New Zealand. I was able to reconnect with a lot of old friends as well as make some new ones. The people welcomed me whole-heartedly, and it was a great day!

Also this weekend, some friends and I attacked a renovation project in my temporary house. We ripped up a bunch of old, moldy carpet from the basement. It was a dirty job--and a lot of fun! We still have a ways to go with projects around the house; it's great to be able to serve the Lord in this way.

This week I had a phone date with one of my dear friends in New Zealand. I was able to hear more about Ignite (the annual youth camp) that took place last month. She said that EVERYTHING that could have went wrong did, including the worship leader being taken to the emergency room just after the opening service. Since the speaker was snowed in, the leaders were given 48 hours to figure out their messages. It was intense, but God was so faithful. She said that they filled to maximum capacity the portion of the campground they typically rent. At every service, there were a number of students who responded. The last night, all 200 or so people (students and adults) gathered round a campfire for a time of testimonies. She said (paraphrased)--"We were all freezing to death and standing in cow poo, but nobody cared--at least no one who was in the Spirit!" The testimonies were overwhelming--students giving God glory despite heart-breaking life circumstances. God is moving!!!

This week I set a day aside for a spiritual retreat--just me and Jesus for a day. During my day, I read a few books and focused on the Holy Spirit in Scripture. It was good to put all the fundraising tasks on hold to spend time in prayer and in communion with the Lord. Thanks for your prayers as I continue on this journey! I will be in another local church this weekend. Also, I will be contacting numerous churches over the next couple of weeks. Please pray for divine appointments.

In His Service,
Amber Janelle

4 comments:

  1. How awesome to take a Sabbath! Sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lead singer of the band made it through the first service and THEN went to A & E :) And managed to play at all the others as well - God is good :)

    I'm giggling at the paraphrasing....nice job!

    Love ya, praying for ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mal--yes! I've wanted to have a day like that for years.... finally did! :)

    "Anonymous"--haha. fixed it. :) Glad you check up on my reporting. ;) and yea... the paraphrasing. you know. :) Love you!!!! And thanks for the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber,

    Thanks for keeping me posted about your support raising journey. Know that you are in my prayers dear friend! I'm SO proud of you- for your obedience to the Lord in being willing to surrender the comforts of home, family and the familiar to go across the world for HIS glory and to further HIS kingdom! Thanks for the ways you challenge me in my walk! Let's talk soon!

    Love you sis!

    Charissa

    P.S. Have you read the book "Radical" by David Platt? If not, you should!

    ReplyDelete