Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Life in the Fast Lane! :)

Life has been busy in a good way lately! Substitute teaching has turned into almost a full-time job. I LOVE IT! I get to spend 8 hours a day with teenagers! I have always enjoyed teaching, and I jump at any opportunity to be around students outside the church. It is such a blessing to build relationships with students, teachers, and staff in the schools. Some of my students have a hard time remembering my last name and have nicknamed me "Liverpool." This was a common nickname from some of my students in youth ministry, so I feel right at home.

I have been in three awesome churches the last three weekends. All of them were unique and beautiful portrayals of the Body of Christ. Greenwood Wesleyan is a beautifully diverse congregation with a sweet, welcoming spirit. I discovered upon arrival that the pastor's daughter was one of my "camp kids" back in the day. Of course, she has her own "kids" now as she is almost finished with a degree and has already done her student teaching. The reunion was sweet, and I loved this congregation. On a Sunday night, I was able to visit Clarks Chapel General Baptist Church in Oakland City. Their church family was so enjoyable, and their pastor was one of the best Southern Gospel singers I have ever heard! Finally, this past weekend was spent with Northside Wesleyan Church in Terre Haute. The pastor's family and I had some connections and really enjoyed getting to know one another. The church family reminded me of my home church growing up. We had a GREAT time together. Some of their youth were brave enough to sample Vegemite, and it started a trend at the carry-in lunch. I really enjoyed all the puckered faces and cries for a drink of something to help wash it down. On the financial front, after turning in some faith promises I received this weekend, I should reach the goal point of 20%! I'm excited, because I needed to reach that percentage in order to attend Missionary Training Institute in June. I am rejoicing over a small victory!

This week I also was able to visit some friends during my travels since the schools here are on spring break. I got to spend some quality time with some of my former students who are now young adults and good friends along with visiting a couple I lived with years ago. The fellowship was sweet. After youth group tonight, I have to get to bed early since I am going with a great youth pastor friend and some of her students to a youth conference in Minnesota. I'm excited for the fellowship and the chance to soak up some good worship/rock concerts!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment