Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Balance Me, Lord!

The past couple months I've been struggling with that word that seems to haunt all of us at all stages of life-->BALANCE! I have been diving into my last semester of seminary, trying to soak up like a sponge all that I can in order to be as equipped as possible to serve the Lord in New Zealand. I am also trying to "finish well" and say goodbye appropriately to my community here in Jackson, Mississippi. In the midst of finishing this season of life, I am ever aware of all that needs to be accomplished toward getting on a plane in approximately a year for New Zealand. Here are a few prayer foci for this season.

1. The Youth Ministry at Olde Towne Community Church. The joy of my life in Mississippi is pouring into students' lives at Wired Student Ministries. I am in the middle of what will be my last sermon series with these incredible teenagers entitled "Disciple-ness." :) We are taking a serious look at what is involved in following Jesus. Please pray that this will be a time of growth for these students both individually and corporately and also that our last couple months together will be filled with good memories. Pray that my leaving can be a "healthy exit" for them. (Picture with some Wired students at a recent youth convention)

2. Relevant Independent Study. As an elective course for my last semester of seminary, I am doing an independent study which is extremely relevant to the work God has called me to in New Zealand. For the class, I am researching the trends and culture of postmodern youth and attempting to design a relevant curriculum which presents a case for truth, the Christian worldview, and ultimately the Gospel. I have never been so excited about a seminary course, and I want the Lord to use this research and curriculum development to better prepare me for youth ministry and leadership training in NZ. (Picture with some of my roommates at the seminary)

3. Scheduling Church Visits. Over the next months, I want to see my church visit calendar from January on start to fill up! Pray that God will open doors, point me in right directions, and work out the details for me to schedule opportunities to share the vision God has given me with local church congregations.

4. Financial Funding. Please pray for God to continue to send people to be a part of the NZ ministry team through financial giving. So far, I am at 14% Faith Promise. I am expectant that the process will pick up speed after I am finished with seminary and able to devote more time to support-raising, but even now I know the Lord can provide! Even today I received a phone call from a pastor saying that his church wants to partner with me in New Zealand. Praise God!

Thank you for your prayers as this journey continues! Our God is so faithful!
In His Service,
Amber Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment