Tuesday, August 9, 2011

CALIFORNIA

One observation before my reflections--CALIFORNIA IS BEAUTIFUL!!!! Ok, now that I've got that out of my system...

Last week was an incredibly beautiful week of ministry and relationships at Redwood Christian Park Family Camp. I was privileged to be the youth speaker at the camp. I was able to get to know and invest in over fifty students between the junior high and high school programs. Each morning I would preach twice (once to each group), and the rest of the day was spent getting to know these amazing teenagers, praying with them, and watching God work powerfully in their lives. Several made new commitments to Jesus, asking for God's REIGN in their lives rather than the REIGN of sin. Over the course of the week, we talked a lot about the GREAT ADVENTURE of living out God's purposes for our lives. For the adventure to begin, we must have a personal ENCOUNTER with Christ followed by a personal CONFESSION of faith in Him as Lord. Then as we WALK BY THE SPIRIT, we are able to accomplish His purposes in our lives. The ultimate purpose, of course, is for us to KNOW HIM. Beyond that, God desires to bless us so that we can be a BLESSING to others as we participate in His mission in the world.

Pictured Below: Some of the wonderful ladies I worked with and a picture of me with several students at the train station, preparing to go on a train ride through the Redwood Forest.



Pictured Below: Another group shot at the train station and one of some guys during an activity with duct tape. :)


I was so blessed by the amazing leadership at RCP! This camp holds a special place in my heart. I was able to share a Missions Moment with the whole family camp, and several times God opened the door for me to share my heart for God's work in New Zealand with individuals over a meal or an activity. Several people signed up to be prayer partners, and several showed interest in being Faith Promise partners as well.

Pictured Below: A group shot with the high school students. (My group shots with the junior high were indoor and didn't turn out as well, but you can see all my pictures from the camp by clicking HERE and HERE to view both of the Facebook albums.)


On Sunday, I was able to share at Riverside Wesleyan Church in Sacramento for a few minutes. I was super blessed by this church. California is so diverse, and it was beautiful to see that diversity reflected in a local church. The worship, Word, and fellowship were just amazing. Again, God sent several new members of the team my direction. I am excited about the work He is doing! Since my last post, I have gone up to 37% Faith Promise! God is providing!

I am currently spending a few more days in Cali with family before heading back to Indiana on Saturday. On Monday, I kick off the school year with my first day of substitute teaching. Where has the summer gone?!

No comments:

Post a Comment