Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Crazy Schedule and Undivided Devotion

This has been a crazy busy week! In the last seven days, I have shared my heart for New Zealand with groups/individuals in a dozen different settings! I have spoken at small groups, over coffee or lunch, in homes, over Skype, and from a church platform. Also, over the last week and a half, I've put in over 28 hours of driving time. However, if I've learned anything in this process, it is that my efforts mean nothing in the scheme of partnership development--rather, it is the work of the Holy Spirit that brings fruition. Please pray that God will call people to join the team!

I am currently in Marion, Indiana, connecting with individuals. Tomorrow (Wed.), I head for Crown City, OH. Finally, I head back home for a few days on Thursday. On a logistical side of things, please pray for me as I fill out my Visa application and other paper work that has to go through in order for me to be ready to leave for NZ, Lord willing, in January.

On a personal level, God has been speaking to me through I Corinthians 7 where Paul instructs singles to have an undivided devotion to the Lord. I know that right now (until whenever the Lord changes it), I am meant to be in a season of undivided devotion. The sad thing is, even as a single, it is easy to have divided devotion. So many things cry out for our allegiance in this world! Even the simple anticipation of future marriage can divide our devotion in the meantime. I want to be wholly devoted to the Lord and His work! Some days I feel I am... Most days, I really struggle here, but I want to live out this season of my life with total abandon to God! UNDIVIDED DEVOTION. That is my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment