Sunday, January 29, 2012

Leaving, On a Jet Plane...



Saturday night, I looked across the table in my home church basement and told some friends, "See guys, if you want your family and friends to tell you how much they love you and throw you a big party, just move to the other side of the world!"  :)  Seriously though, I have been loved on by my community and prayer team over the past couple days in a way that I can't even fathom.  My friends threw me a huge going away party that was just perfect.  My youth made me cry multiple times by expressing their love and gratitude for me.  My family has been amazing.  I have savored every minute.

Tomorrow morning, I begin the long trip to Auckland!  I will be in a car for 3 hours and in the air for about 23.  Plus, I will also have a few hours in airports on layovers.  I'm bringing plenty of reading material and a stocked I-Pod for the journey. :)  I can't wait to see my Kiwi friends in person, move into my house, and start to get settled!  Land of the Long White Cloud, here I come!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment