Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year: New Beginning

I am filled with all kinds of emotions with the start of 2012 (partially because I watched 2012 with my parents last night--that may not have been a good idea! haha!).  It is incredible to think about the ways my life will change this year.  Just today, I was reading update newsletters from some friends who are serving as missionaries across the world.  They talked about their Christmas experiences this year, which of course, were very different than their Christmases had been in the States.  It is surreal to think that my journey will lead me to New Zealand THIS YEAR.  2012 will be an adventure, I am certain, filled with new faith challenges and new praises of God's work being accomplished.  I cannot wait to be among the Kiwi people in the Land of the Long White Cloud!

My New Year's was certainly fun-filled this year.  We had a New Year's Eve party at Grace Fellowship Wesleyan Church that rivaled all previous ones!  Below is a picture of me with some friends playing card games at one of the little kids' tables because all the adult tables were full!


We played games until well after midnight.  It was a blessing!  Then New Year's morning, my friend Mandy and I took off really early on hardly any sleep for Medora Wesleyan Church where I was able to reconnect with my partners there.  Then, we met up with a friend from I.W.U. after lunch before heading home.  All in all, it was a great New Year's, especially because I enjoyed all of it with the knowledge that I am fully funded!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment