Sunday, June 12, 2011

Am I in College Again?

I'm sitting in a dorm lobby of Indiana Wesleyan University working on a laptop. Haven't I done this before??? :) Today I started three weeks of Missionary Training Institute. My fellow missionaries (including some good friends from seminary and from Missionary Orientation) and I will be in training sessions from 8 to 5, Monday through Friday. It will be pretty intense from what I hear! Please pray for me that 1) I will absorb all I need to from this training, 2) God will give me victory over feelings of inferiority and false condemnation, and 3) that support raising will continue to keep moving along while I am here. I will be speaking in a church every weekend during this time, so I won't really have much opportunity for sabbath rest. Please pray for renewed strength and vision!

This weekend was definitely eventful already. I was able to stay the night yesterday with one of my former students/present best friends and her family. It was great to reconnect with them. This morning I spoke about New Zealand at the Wesleyan church in Delphi, Indiana. It was a great experience! I even met long-lost relatives there! Of course, I sat in on the youth Sunday School class and made some great friends. Pastor Dan's message was EXACTLY what I needed to hear about the power we have through the Holy Spirit. This afternoon, I checked into my room for M.T.I. Tonight we all shared a meal together and went over our schedule for the next three weeks. I'd better get to bed, actually, so I will be fresh and ready to start tomorrow! Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and for lifting me up to the Lord. I am humbled by my complete dependency on both the Lord and your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment