Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thank You So Much for the Prayers and Encouragement

Thank you so much for your prayers this week as we have kicked off Missionary Training Institute on Sunday! It has been an intensely powerful time so far. I can't wait to see how God continues to shape and prepare us over the next two weeks! There are twenty-five missionaries going through the training together--it has been so inspirational to get to know them. I know I don't typically send out two updates so close together, but I wanted to thank you for the prayers and encouragement over the past twenty-four hours. You have no idea what a difference they have made. Today we spent 8 or so hours focusing on linguistics and mission--a bit tedious as you might imagine! However, this afternoon we watched a video about a mission work in Mongolia. During that video, the Holy Spirit moved me in a way I can't explain... I was weeping over a documentary with a new heart for the world and the lost. Also, today I received word from a new church that will be making a financial partnership commitment and confirmation that I will be both a youth and missions speaker at a camp in California later this summer. I am so excited about what God is doing!

Please continue to lift up NZ in light of yet another earthquake which has hit Christchurch. This is devastating... Please lift the people of Christchurch up to the Lord.

Thank you for being part of the team! God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment