Friday, July 22, 2011

34% and Climbing! Travels Begin Tomorrow

Today we hit 34% Faith Promise! That means I am only 1% away from the goal I had set for July and over a third of the way to my ultimate goal! However, my mom told me the other day that she has been praying for 50% by the end of July! I think God is using her to stretch my faith!! :) I am now shooting for 40%. Let's see what happens! I am just so encouraged by the way God has been providing in the last month! To those of you who have joined the financial teams and prayer teams in these last few weeks--THANK YOU! I pray God will show you just how important your partnership is to His work!

Tomorrow begins a crazy schedule of traveling for about a month. Please keep lifting me up in prayer. I will be speaking at the Indiana South Wesleyan Family Camp Missions Service tomorrow night at Orleans, Indiana. Please come if you can! Then Sunday morning, I am speaking at North Vernon Wesleyan before heading to Indianapolis for a week of urban mission work. Please pray for me and Hannah, the student I am taking to Indianapolis, that we will be an encouragement to those who live their lives for the sake of those in their community. Pray we will go as learners and be willing to do anything that might be a blessing to ministers and those to whom they are ministering.

I will then fly out of Indianapolis on Saturday for California for the next wave of camp ministry and speaking at Redwood Christian Camp. Pray that God will lead me as I continue to prepare the messages. Pray for the Holy Spirit's anointing as I speak for two youth services back-to-back each day. Also, please pray that my time in California will open doors for more people to join the team. I will be spending an additional week focusing on trying to build relationships.

What an adventure this is! God is so good, and I am glad to be walking this journey with Him. There have been moments along the way that felt dark--but I am currently walking in a newly found light of hope, motivation, and encouragement! I attribute that totally to people who are praying--thank you for praying!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's fantastic news Amber. We can't wait to have you here in NZ and are working hard discussing where best to use your gifts, abilities and graces for His glory here in NZ. Rest assured of our prayers as you prepare.

    And a comment to all who read this - if you haven't done so already please act on our Lord's prompting and pledge your financial support to Amber NOW so that she can get here to do the work He is calling her too.

    May the blessings of our almighty God be upon you Amber and all who support you

    (Rev) Peter Benzie
    National Secretary
    Wesleyan Methodist Church of NZ

    ReplyDelete