Friday, July 8, 2011

A New Perspective and Picking Up Speed!


Since Missionary Training Institute, I feel like I have gained a new perspective on God's mission in the world, my call to go to New Zealand, and the support team building process. In light of that new perspective, I decided it was also time for a new look. :) I hope you enjoy browsing the new blog, A Kiwi Slice of Life. (In case you didn't know, kiwi fruit, while not originally from NZ, grows in there, and the people of New Zealand are called Kiwis because of the kiwi bird found there). Be sure to check out some new features, including a vision statement for ministry in New Zealand, a schedule of upcoming events, the option to follow the blog by email (just type your email address and click the button), and a DIRECT LINK to sign up to be a prayer or financial partner!

People are getting on board financially! Tonight I had an awesome dinner meeting with some friends from college who are going to join the faith promise team! Also, my home church made a decision this week to significantly "up" their support and a couple in the church joined the faith promise team as well! To top it off, some of my personal heroes in the faith have made some significant donations lately... This train is picking up speed! It's so exciting to feel the momentum building! 28% may not look like much on the surface, but I feel like I could throw a party for every percentage! I am confident that the momentum I am sensing will begin to show up numerically soon--and you could be part of that if you aren't already!

Encouragement is coming from all different directions! I was so uplifted this week from a conversation with Jessica Lord, a GP missionary who is approaching full funding to head for New Zealand. Also, I was overwhelmed by a new initiative in my home base church in Mississippi to commit to fast and pray for me/support raising on every Tuesday. God is just so good.

Life will be busy over the next couple months! Please check out the schedule on the sidebar, but I am so excited about all the opportunities coming my way! Every weekend for the rest of the month, I will be speaking somewhere about New Zealand. This coming Monday, I head out "dark and early" in the morning with a couple students to teen camp! I love camp... After one week back home, I will be off to datHouse (please check out this awesome ministry! datHouse website ) in Indianapolis for a week with one of my girls from Mississippi. We will be doing life with Derek and Laura, two of the most incredible Jesus followers I've ever known, and learning more about what it means to live like Jesus (aka, missionally). I will then leave from Indianapolis for California for two weeks! Please pray that God will use this time on the West Coast to open doors for extensive team building. I will be the junior high and senior high youth speaker at Redwood Christian Family Camp for a week in Santa Cruz along with sharing about New Zealand with the family camp. The second week, I will be visiting family and trying to connect with churches in the Sacramento area. Prayer team, I need you guys on this one! The schedule keeps going, but this blog post should not. :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Amber! You have been doing a lot since I saw you last. But God is in it all! He is providing for you and will continue to be faithful. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new blog look Amber! I'm so glad things are picking up for you. We are blessed to serve a Lord that is faithful in every season, the "slow" ones and the "more successful" ones. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete