Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Home Life and July Prayer Goals

It is crazy to be home for a little while after the conclusion of MTI! On the way home, I stopped to see some dear friends and important people on my prayer and financial support teams. Our visits were SUCH a blessing. This Sunday I was at my home church for a change (and even got to hang out with friends from church til late Sunday night), and Monday I celebrated the 4th of July with my family. Tuesday I was super excited to be with my students at The Grounds for the first time in a month. We were in Romans 12--only my favorite chapter in the whole book. :) Some new ones have joined the group while I've been away, which is always exciting. :) After youth group, a bunch of us went to see the Green Lantern together. It wasn't too bad of a movie, although the "bad guys" were a bit too evil for me. :( A few of the students hung around late to talk about stuff that matters until like 2 o'clock in the morning. I love youth ministry. :)

Today, I started my daily routines that haven't been so daily lately of meeting a friend for prayer to start the day and walking with some friends in the afternoon to get some exercise. I also booked my flights and rental car for my upcoming trip to California to speak at Redwood Family Camp. These past couple days, I've also been able to have skype/phone dates with friends from around the world, including Denmark and New Zealand. Tomorrow will be a full day of working on team correspondence and building support connections.

This weekend, I am meeting with some potential supporters on Friday night, have a church work day on Saturday, and am speaking at a church on Sunday. Monday morning I leave with some students for I.S.D.Y.C. (Indiana South District Youth Camp)--which I actually believe is called Spiritual Impact now instead. I'm excited to be back on the Orleans campgrounds and share this special place with the next generation.

Please be in prayer that God will bring new people onto the team over these next few days! My prayer is to reach 35% by the end of July--it might be an optimistic goal, but let's shoot for it together with the Lord's help! Also, please pray for Spiritual Impact, that God will work powerfully in the lives of students in Southern Indiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment