Monday, July 18, 2011

Teen Camp and Beyond!


Above: Autumn, a beautiful young lady on my unit in the dorm who made a new commitment of her life to Jesus.



Above: Several of the girls from my unit after cooling off in the slip 'n slide.


Above: Several students playing in the mud after several trips down the slip 'n slide.


Above: My favorite slip 'n slide pic of Jacob walking away from the chaos.


Above: The two students I took to camp--Elijah (with an abnormal hair-do and drawn-on mustache) and Stef in the tabernacle.

Camp was a phenomenal (though exhausting) experience! We had a record-breaking number of campers for the last several years, and many students gave their lives to Christ. The services were powerful! We were blessed by the worship and drama teams from a partnering church in Ohio. Our speaker, Josh LeRoy, spoke boldly to us from the Word each night. I really enjoyed building relationships with the students, university ministry teams from IWU and SWU, and the staff. It was a week of major sleep-deprivation for Jesus, and I wouldn't take any of it back--although I was a bit annoyed the last night when several students kept me up til 4 in the morning by trying to sneak out to ring the camp bell. :)

I came home to a house that had been, literally, turned upside down by the kids at The Grounds. They had swapped the sets of cushions for both of my couches, moved decor around, and even left me notes on the ceiling. I LOVE YOUTH MINISTRY! I pretty much slept for a solid day and a half, off and on, after returning from camp. Last night, I spoke at Forest Hills Wesleyan Church in Evansville. It was great to be so close to home, reconnect with some old friends, and even see kids from camp! I was warmly received by the church and thoroughly enjoyed sharing with them. To top it all off, one of the girls from camp was there, and after my presentation, she accepted the call to ministry! I was able to pray with her, one of her youth leaders, and her youth pastor around an altar in a men's locker room. It was pretty comical--the church had already put their normal church furniture away for VBS this week, and we wanted to pray together at the altar, which we found in the men's locker room.

In the aftermath of this past week of pouring out, God has brought several New Zealand contacts my way. More people have joined the financial team while I was gone! God is so good!!!! A post should be coming SOON stating that we have officially broken the 30% mark!


No comments:

Post a Comment