Friday, October 21, 2011

Depending on His Grace--Need for Prayer

This week, I feel like I'm learning more than ever what it means to depend upon God's grace. This has been a difficult week on a personal level. Some people very close to me are going through difficulty, and I am burdened for them, trying to lift them in constant prayer. In the midst of this, I am fighting discouragement over support raising. I have been in approximately 40 churches/camps over the past ten months sharing about New Zealand, and I am only 47% funded--but I know God is good. I know God is faithful. I KNOW HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT. So right now, I am leaning on that knowledge.

Since my last blog update, I have shared at New Life Wesleyan Church in Columbia Station, OH, as well as having another hometown fundraiser. The church at New Life was a blessing, and I am looking forward to the role they may play on the team! Also, the hometown fundraiser was such a gift of generosity from people who both donated items to be sold and put in work to make it happen. This fundraiser provided another opportunity to connect with people in my home community about the work God has called me to do in New Zealand. I am so thankful for the opportunity. Also, I was able to substitute for over a week for the same teacher, a huge financial blessing and an enjoyable opportunity to spend time with the same students for several days in a row!

More speaking engagements kick off again this weekend. Also, I am preparing to take three weeks of support raising training starting the end of this month followed by weekly coaching sessions. This training will be specifically focused on approaching individuals for support rather than churches. Please pray that I will be teachable and put into practice what I learn. Please pray God will send supporters and give me the vision to see them and know how to approach them. While I am discouraged in support raising, I cannot fail to give God praise for the ways He has already provided. He is working, but I just need to continue to trust Him and do my part in the process. Please pray FOR God's provision and direction. Please pray AGAINST discouragement.

2 comments:

  1. Money! It is a constant struggle and discouragement for people! I am discouraged also about money! I am hoping to find a job, that will allow me to study as much as I need too! Love you girl! Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete