Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Missions Conferences and More!

I am currently at 46% Faith Promise and anticipating much higher numbers soon! Weekend before last, I spoke at Flintwood Wesleyan Church's FIRST EVER Missions Banquet! It was exciting to be part of history in the making. I enjoyed the church a lot (and the yummy food)! It was great to catch up with some old friends and make lots of new ones! I am so privileged to have the church on the team. That Sunday, I spoke at Kingswood Wesleyan Church in Kentucky. This church has already been on my support team, sight unseen! It was awesome to build a relationship with this group of people who were already on the team. Last week, I was with the people of Faith Wesleyan Church for their Missions Conference in Terre Haute, IN. I cannot express how much of a blessing the congregation at Faith was to me. Their conference is just beautiful. The church pours out in tremendous ways, and the Spirit moved in a reviving way like I haven't experienced in a long time. Finally, Sunday morning I spoke at Blue River Wesleyan Church on the north-eastern corner of the Indiana South District. This church blessed me with their warm hearts and excitement to get on board with God's work in New Zealand.

This week, I am playing catch up on life (like cleaning my house) as well as getting back in the saddle of substitute teaching. This weekend, I will travel to Ohio to speak in another church. Please keep praying God will send funding! I have been fighting discouragement over the slow pace at which my percentage is increasing. Pray God will lift my spirits and give me discernment about who to ask to join the team and how to make connections.

1 comment:

  1. Great to hear of your progress. When you get discouraged try to remember that God will have you here in HIS timing. I know it can be hard (I've often wondered why things aren't happening when I think they should lol) but his timing is always just right.

    And the most recent example of that is Jess getting here - she arrived at the perfect time for what God has called her to. Her funding was going very slow too (and she has an amazing story about the last 14% - maybe ask her to tell you about it) but it got to 100% really fast in the end.

    You will be here when God wants you here and it WILL be the perfect timing (I'm just hoping his timing is sooner rather than later lol).

    Many blessings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete